Steak and Ale Pie
Try this Steak and Ale Pie recipe, or contribute your own."I tried this recipe after my family visited London and getting a taste for British Steak and Ale pies at the pubs we ate at. This recipe is easy to make and sooooo very good! Instead of one big pie I made several smaller ones so that each one of us could have our own pie. When I make it again I will include a picture. Thank you!" - Jimbarb
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Beef
favorite of 64 people 37 people want to try
Verified by twojocks
Steak and Ale Pie Preparation
1. Heat the oil in the pan with the onion and garlic for 1 mintue.
2. Add the steak. Cook until the meat is seared all over and there is no pink left. By his time there will be some juice in the pan and this should be sizzling.
3. Pour in half the Ale and allow to simmer for a minute, then pour in the rest with the thyme, chilli powder salt and pepper.
4. Crumble in the stock cubes. Add in the chopped vegetables.
5. Simmer for 10 mintues and then transfer to a large casserole pot. If the gravy doesn't cover the meat then add some water and mix in.
6. Pop the dish into the oven at 180 degrees and leave for at least 1 hour 30 mins (or until the meat is tender)
7. Roll out the pastry and put into pie dish (remembering to save some for the top). Ladel in the meat and put on the tops. Put it back into the oven for 20 mins (180 degrees).
Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a while - the filling can be extremely hot!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Steak and Ale Pie Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: