I LOVE Popeye's Biscuits, and if you don't have a Popeye's around you, they are very similar to KFC's, but sooo much better....."i didn't have a stick of butter so i used margarine and just forked it into the flour, then i spoon dropped the mixture. did everything else the same tho. it was much easier to do drop biscuits. they turned out awesome!!!!! will make this way from now on. very yummy:)" - mandamontana7
Yield: 24 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
635 people trying soon
Popeye's Biscuits Preparation
Preheat oven to 400
1. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
2. Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry blender to cut butter into dry mixture (a pastry blender is a GREAT thing to have, but if you don't have it, use two knives and cut the butter in) until no large chunks of butter remain.
3. Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
4. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface.
5. Cut biscuits with a 3 inch biscuit cutter or glass and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn a light brown.
7. Remove from oven and then brush melted butter on top
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Popeye's Biscuits Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.