Ready in 45 minutes
I LOVE Popeye's Biscuits, and if you don't have a Popeye's around you, they are very similar to KFC's, but sooo much better.....
"i didn't have a stick of butter so i used margarine and just forked it into the flour, then i spoon dropped the mixture. did everything else the same tho. it was much easier to do drop biscuits. they turned out awesome!!!!! will make this way from now on. very yummy:)"- mandamontana7
Top-ranked recipe named "Popeye's Biscuits"
Preheat oven to 400
1. Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
2. Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry blender to cut butter into dry mixture (a pastry blender is a GREAT thing to have, but if you don't have it, use two knives and cut the butter in) until no large chunks of butter remain.
3. Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
4. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface.
5. Cut biscuits with a 3 inch biscuit cutter or glass and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn a light brown.
7. Remove from oven and then brush melted butter on top
katieprovencher 3 months ago
CupcakeGrenade 4 months agoFantastic recipe, very yummy. I do wish they would have raised a little but higher though, I think next time I'll add half a teaspoon of cream of tartar. I added some freshly grated marble cheese to my recipe, tasted fantastic :)
Twistedmama 5 months agoGreat biscuit recipe. Made a few modifications by using just milk, and they still turned out moist and delicious reminding us of Popeye's Biscuits.
lyvlaughlove7_13_2012 10 months agoI tried this recipe. It worked great!!! Excellent for breakfast sandwiches!
katalia369 10 months agoVery good
Sofia78 11 month ago
Vdanielle30 1 year ago
mogriff1 1 year agoMine turned out flat and firm and looked more like cookies. They tasted nothing like Popeye's.
melinikki 1 year agoLoved this recipe, biscuits came out so moist n delicious, will use this recipe for years to come!
dreid4 1 year ago