Grilled Ratatouille Pasta
Verified by twojocks
|1 poundplum tomatoes; halved|
|2 mediumzucchini; trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds|
|2 eachbaby eggplants; trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds|
|1 eachred bell pepper; stemmed, seeded, quartered|
|1 eachred onion; cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1/4 cupolive oil|
|1 teaspoonHerbes de Provence|
|3/4 cupKalamata olives; pitted|
|12 ouncesdried thin spaghetti|
|2 tablespoonsfresh basil; chopped|
|2 teaspoonsfresh marjoram; chopped|
|1/2 cupfeta; crumbled|
Grilled Ratatouille Pasta Preparation
1. Preheat a grill to high.
2. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, onion and garlic with 3 tablespoons of the oil, the herbes de Provence, and generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
3. Put the veggies, tomatoes cut side up, and the garlic on the grill in a single layer and cover. Grill until all items are tender, removing them as they are done, about 8 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes and garlic to a medium bowl. Transfer the remaining veggies to another bowl and let cool briefly.
4. When cool enough to handle, very coarsely chop the zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, and onion; return to the bowl and add 1/2 cup of the olives to the bowl.
5. Slip the garlic cloves out of their skins into a food processor. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olives, the tomatoes, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil; process until smooth.
6. Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of well-salted water to a boil in a large pot. Cook the spaghetti in the water about 1 minute less than the package timing. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
7. Toss 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce and the basil and marjoram with the warm veggies in the bowl. Toss the remaining sauce and the reserved cooking liquid with the pasta; stir over low heat for about 2 minutes so the pasta absorbs some of the sauce.
8. Divide the pasta among four warmed bowls, top with the vegetables, sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
Don't flip the tomatoes on the grill; leave them skin side down until tender.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Grilled Ratatouille Pasta. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.