Basil-Marinated Roasted Red Peppers with Beefsteak Tomato and Burrata
Verified by SunnyJF
Basil-Marinated Roasted Red Peppers with Beefsteak Tomato and Burrata Preparation
How to make it:
1. First, grill the red peppers. If you have a gas grill, pre-heat it to high, direct heat. If you have a charcoal grill, heat the coals until they are white hot. Place the peppers on the hot grill and char on all sides, turning with tongs, until the skin splits and blackens, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
2. After the peppers have fully charred, place them in a deep pot and cover with plastic wrap until the peppers are cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
3. As the peppers cool, make the marinade. In a medium-sized shallow bowl, combine the basil, oil, vinegar, olives, and onion.
4. Remove the peppers from the pot, peel away the charred skin, slice in half, and remove the white seeds and membranes from the insides. Slice the peppers about ¼-inch thick and add them to the marinade. Toss to coat, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. To plate the dish, arrange the sliced tomatoes on a large plate. Season them with freshly ground pepper and sea salt, to taste. Top the tomatoes with the marinated peppers, buratta (or mozzarella), frisee, and a drizzle of the remaining marinade. Serve with crusty bread and chilled rose wine. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Basil-Marinated Roasted Red Peppers with Beefsteak Tomato and Burrata. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.