Baked Butternut Squash with Cranberries (optional) and Maple
We obtained from Bowdoin Exec Chef Ken Carbone after we loved it at Parents' Weekend. Served at Thanksgiving, 2009, and was universally acclaimed. Everyone loved it.
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 1 hours, 10 minutes
favorite of 1 people 3 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1 1/2 lbsButternut Squash; peeled cut into 1-2" cubes|
|2 oz.Sliced Cranberries; (fresh or frozen) - optional|
|2 TablespoonsButter; - melted|
|1 TeaspoonSalt or to taste|
|1/4 TeaspoonWhite Pepper or to taste|
|1 TablespoonMaple Syrup; (or to taste) Pure Maine Maple Syrup|
|1 1/2 tablespoonsBrown Sugar or to taste|
|1/4 TeaspoonGround Cinnamon|
Baked Butternut Squash with Cranberries (optional) and Maple Preparation
1. Lightly brush a shallow baking pan with butter or spray with pan oil.
2. Combine sugar and sliced cranberries.
3. Combine squash & cranberries mixture with butter and remaining ingredients except maple syrup. Arrange in pans in a single layer keeping cranberries on top.
4. Bake @ 350 F for 45 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
5. During the last 15 minutes of cooking drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Hubbard, Acorn, Butternut or any winter squash may be used. Seasoning for squash may be adjusted by using nutmeg, allspice, ground clove or ginger and you can also sweeten with honey.
Yield: about 10 - 3oz. portions
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Baked Butternut Squash with Cranberries (optional) and Maple. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven