Bacon, lettuce and tomato risotto. Easy risotto with a flavor profile sure to please everyone, even the kids.
11 people want to try | 10 have favorited
|8 slicesbacon; small dice|
|2 mediumshallots; minced|
|1/4 cupshot water; more if needed|
|2 cupsarborio rice|
|1 cupdry white wine|
|8 cupslow-sodium chicken stock; heated in separate pot|
|2 pintscherry tomatoes|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|3 cupsarugula; 3 big handfuls washed and dried|
|1/2 cupparmesan cheese; grated, more if needed|
|Salt; to taste|
|Black pepper; to taste|
BLT Risotto Preparation
- Use at least a 10 inch saute or heavy bottom pan to allow proper evaporation.
1. Render diced bacon to crisp on med-low heat. Strain bacon bits from pan reserving bacon fat. Reserve bits for topping
2. Combine cherry tomatoes, Oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and place in single layer in Medium baking dish. (large
baking dish will cause all the good juices evaporate). Roast in 415F oven (shaking pan a few times to rotate tomatoes)
until tender (about 20 mins) Reserve to finish dish
3. Saute shallots slowly in bacon fat until translucent and just beginning to caramelize (5-8 mins).
4. Add enough water to barely cover. Reduce until water is gone and remaining bacon fat can be differentiated (2-3 mins).
5. Add rice and toast while stirring constantly and rice begins to crackle.
6. De-glaze rice and pan with 1 cup of white wine. Reduce until wine is evaporated but before rice sticks to pan. (Important
step as it seals rice)
7. Add 2-3 ladles(about 1 cup) of chicken stock enough to cover and float rice slightly. Stir CONSTANTLY!
8. Reduce until stock is evaporated but before rice sticks to pan. Maintain heat level so that rice "perks" only slightly during
9. Repeat process adding additional chicken stock several times, stirring continually and allowing to evaporate until a
creamy al dente rice is achieved.
10. Combine roasted tomatoes with juices, arugula and grated Parmesan cheese to taste. Adjust salt and pepper as
necessary. Portion out in bowls.
11. Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
12. Mange! And enjoy!
Make sure to use at least 10 inch pan to allow evaporation. Sauce pan will NOT cook properly. Proper sized roasting pan for tomatoes is important to maintain delicious juices. Sealing rice in step 6 is critical. and most important STIR RISOTTO CONSTANTLY. Sing and have fun while cooking too.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
BLT Risotto Reviews
This is a family favorite. I posted the recipe.
1 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven