Wine-Marinated Pot Roast
|3 poundsBoneless beef chuck arm or blade; trim fat from meat|
|750 mlPino Noir|
|1/2 teaspoonskosher Salt|
|1/2 teaspoonsBlack pepper; ground|
|2 tablespoonsOlive oil|
|1 Can (10.5)Condensed Beef broth|
|1/4 cupsTomato paste; no salt added|
|1 tablespoonsherbes de provence; crushed, or Italian herbs|
|1 tablespoonsDijon mustard|
|3 clovesgarlic; chopped|
|2 Bay leaves|
|1 largeonion; cut into thin wedges|
|4 mediumcarrots; cut in half lengthwise and crosswise, or 2 cups baby carrots|
|4 menparsnips; peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces. or 4 med potatoes peeled and cut into sixths|
|2 cupscremini mushrooms; fresh, whole|
|2 stalkscelery; bias-sliced, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|noodles; hot cooked|
|2 tablespoonsparsley; Fresh Italian (flat leafed), snipped|
Wine-Marinated Pot Roast Preparation
1. Trim fat from meat. Place meat in resealable plastic bag set in shallow dish. Pour wine over meat; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Drain meat, reserving wine. Pat meat dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a 4- to 6- quart oven safe Dutch oven, cook meat in hot oil over medium heat until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
3. In a medium sauce pan, bring reserved wine to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until wine is reduced by half (about 1 1/2 cups). Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, herbes de Provence, mustard, garlic and bay leaves. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Pour wine mixture over meat in Dutch oven; add onion.
4. Bake, covered, in 325 degree oven 2 1/2 hours. Add carrots, parsnips, mushrooms and celery. Bake, covered, about 1 hour more or until meet is fork tender. Transfer meat and vegetables to serving platter, reserving juices in dutch oven. Cover platter with foil.
5. For wine sauce: Skim off any fat from juices. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until juices are slightly thickened. Season to taste. Slice or break apart meat. Serve wine sauce with meat, vegetables and noodles. If you like, sprinkle with parsley.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Wine-Marinated Pot Roast. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.