Mussels with tomato and white wine sauce
Mussels cooked tomato and white wine sauce. Can be served with garlic bread or pasta."Bonnieblack55, the recipe clearly lists the ingredients and amount for each ingredient" - K4neX
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in moments
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Mussel
favorite of 22 people 17 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1 kgMussels; Scrubbed and de-beared, discard ones with cracked shells|
|1/2 Onion; chopped / sliced|
|2-3 cloveGarlic; Finely chopped|
|1/2 - 1 teaspoonred chili flakes|
|2 tablespoonssalted capers|
|1 cupDry white wine|
|1/4 cupparsley; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoonsExtra virgin olive oil|
|400 gramschopped tomatoes; 400g can from supermarket|
Mussels with tomato and white wine sauce Preparation
1. In a large stockpot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil and lightly saute the onion till translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic and chili flakes, saute until fragrant.
3. Add white wine and chopped tomatoes till boil.
4. Add mussels, parsley and capers, and cover quickly to let the steam cook the mussels.
5. Stir the mussels after 1 minute and cover again. Repeat after 2 more minutes.
6. Check the mussels, if they are open and plump, they are cooked.
7. Reduce flame, take all the mussels from the stockpot into a large bowl.
8. Let the sauce simmer (I prefer thick sauce).
9. Pour sauce over mussels and ready to serve with pasta or bread.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Mussels with tomato and white wine sauce Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven