5 people want to try | 8 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Alabama BBQ Chicken on a Gas Grill"
1. For the sauce: Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
Refrigerate sauce in airtight container for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
2. For the chicken: Mix salt, black pepper, and cayenne in small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over chicken.
3. Soak 2 cups hickory wood chips in bowl of water to cover for 15 minutes, place chips in small aluminum tray, and place tray directly over primary burner. Light grill, turn all burners to high, and close lid, keeping grill covered until wood chips begin to smoke, about 15 minutes. Oil cooking grate. Turn all burners to medium-low. Place chicken skin side down on grill, and cover.
4. Grill chickens until skin is well browned, 35 to 45 minutes. Flip chickens skin side up and grill, covered, until breast meat registers 165 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
5. Transfer chickens to cutting board, brush with 2 tablespoons sauce, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Remove foil and brush chicken with 1 tablespoon sauce. Carve and serve, passing remaining sauce at table.
Coat the chickens with the sauce twice: once when it is immediately removed from the grill and a second time right before serving. The hot chicken will absorb the sauce like a sponge.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
panos602 10 months ago