Verified by SunnyJF
|1 1/2 cupschopped pecans; divided|
|1 (8-oz.) containersour cream|
|1 cupgranulated sugar|
|1 tablespoonvanilla extract|
|2 cupsall-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoonsbaking powder|
|1/2 teaspoonbaking soda|
|1 1/2 cups (about 3/4 lb)Granny Smith Apples; finely chopped, peeled|
|1/2 cuplight brown sugar; firmly packed|
Praline-Apple Bread Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350(F). Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
4. Bake at 350(F) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool until slightly thickened. Spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
Make a double batch
Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Praline-Apple Bread. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: