Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Packets
Wrapping vegetables and fish in a foil packet for grilling or baking is a foolproof way to get moist, tender results. Tilapia and summer vegetables pair with olives and capers for a Mediterranean flair."Loved the flavors and the ease of prep. Will be doing this for a camping meal this summer, always looking for more foil dinners!" - allisonottley
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 35 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Tilapia
favorite of 19 people 12 people want to try
Verified by twojocks
|1 cupCherry, or grape tomatoes; quartered|
|1 cupSummer squash; diced|
|1 cupRed onion; thinly sliced|
|12 Green beans; trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1/4 cupPitted black olives; coarsely chopped|
|2 TLemon Juice|
|1 TFresh oregano; chopped|
|1 TExtra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp.Capers; rinsed|
|1/2 tsp.Freshly ground pepper|
|1 lb.Tilapia fillets; cut into 4 equal portions|
Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Packets Preparation
1. Preheat grill to medium. (No grill? See Oven Variation, below.)
2. Combine tomatoes, squash, onion, green beans, olives, lemon juice, oregano, oil, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
3. To make a packet, lay two 20-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning); generously coat the top piece with cooking spray. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with some of the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, then top with about 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture.
4. Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Repeat with more foil, cooking spray and the remaining fish, salt, pepper and vegetables.
5. Grill the packets until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. To serve, carefully open both ends of the packets and allow the steam to escape. Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates. Oven Variation: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place green beans in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave on High until the beans are just beginning to cook, about 30 seconds. Drain and add to the other vegetables (Step 2). Assemble packets (Steps 3-4). Bake the packets directly on an oven rack until the tilapia is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Tilapia and Summer Vegetable Packets Reviews
Loved the flavors and the ease of prep. Will be doing this for a camping meal this summer, always looking for more foil dinners!
3 months, 5 days, 18 hours, 21 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven