Leftover Venison casserole with Cornbread
I did this with a roast haunch of venison that we had for Sunday lunch but leftover roast beef will do. The cornbread is yummy and soaks up the unctuous gravy. Serve with savoy cabbage and carrots.
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Venison
0 people want to try | 0 have favorited
|12 OuncesLeftover Venison; Cubed|
|1/2 AnOnion; Finely sliced|
|8 Button mushrooms; Sliced|
|1 MeasureScotch; A good slug|
|Worcester sauce; A good slug|
|Tabasco sauce; A good shake|
|1 Dessert spoonCrab apple jelly|
|1/2 TspDried Thyme|
|1 xOxo cube|
|For the Corn Bread|
|80 GramsPlain flour|
|1 TspBaking powder|
|1 TspBicarbonate of Soda|
|1 DspRunny Honey|
|2 TbspNatural yoghurt|
|1 TbspCorn oil|
Leftover Venison casserole with Cornbread Preparation
1. Heat pan with a little oil and fry the onion and the mushrooms until soft.
2. Crumble in an oxo cube and fry for a minute or so, don,t worry if it sticks.
3. Ensuring that the pan is not too hot, add the scotch and boil off the alcohol. Add a cup of water, the Worcester sauce, Tabasco, thyme and crab apple jelly.
4. Add the leftover venison and simmer the mixture until it has reduced to a thick gravy.
5. Meanwhile heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
6. Add a drop of oil in 4 compartments of a muffin tin and heat the oil.
7. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl.
8. Then add the wet ones to make a thick batter.
9. Get the tin from the oven and distribute the batter evenly. Cook for 15 to 20 mins.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Leftover Venison casserole with Cornbread. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven