Vegan Spinach and Quinoa Enchiladas
Vegan recipe for enchiladas.
Added via RecipeScan image:
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
186 people trying soon
Verified by twojocks
|1 TablespoonsOlive oil|
|1 Red onion; Finely chopped|
|2 Garlic cloves; Finely chopped|
|1 Red pepper; Chopped|
|2 Roma Tomatoes; Chopped|
|1 CupsQuinoa; Uncooked|
|1 PackageSpinach; Trimmed and chopped|
|4 OuncesGreen Chiles|
|15 OuncesBlack beans; Preferably low sodium|
|1/2 TeaspoonChili powder|
|1/2 TeaspoonGround cumin|
|1 TeaspoonDried oregano|
|1 CupPicante sauce|
|Salt; To taste|
|Freshly ground pepper; To taste|
|2 CupsRed enchilada sauce; (I like spicy!)|
|1 1/2 CupsMozzarella and cheddar Daiya cheese; or vegan cheese of your choice|
Vegan Spinach and Quinoa Enchiladas Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a 2 quart pot, bring 1.5 quarts of water to a boil and put the quinoa in. Cook until the quinoa is soft and translucent.
3. In a small pot, heat up the enchilada sauce. Mix the Daiya cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, red pepper and garlic, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted.
6. Add quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, spices, green chiles, oregano and picante sauce and cook, stirring often, until mixture is hot.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Divide filling among the tortillas, wrapping them into little burritos.
9. Pour 1/3 of the enchilada/cheese sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
10. Place burritos into the baking dish, side by side, seam side down. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
11. Sprinkle with some vegan cheese (if desired) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Vegan Spinach and Quinoa Enchiladas Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.