Lamb curry with rougaille
A delicious creamy yellow curry served on a bed of rice and sprinked with an colourful shower of vegetables, fruits and nuts.
The more colourful is the rougaille, the more apetizing it is, so get creative!
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 2 hours
2 people trying soon
|Rougaille; All the below are optional, just replace by other combinations of your taste|
|1 yellow peppers; diced|
|1 green pepper; diced|
|2 red peppers; diced|
|3 carrots; pealed and then diced|
|10 grapewine tomatoes; diced|
|2 bananas; diced|
|1 mango; pealed and diced|
|1 lemon; diced|
|1 orange; pealed and diced|
|10 Coriander sprigs; chopped|
|10 Parsley sprigs; chopped|
|100 gramsPine nuts; grill on a pan with a bit of butter|
|100 gramsAlmond flakes; grill on a pan with a bit of butter|
|400 mlcoconut milk|
|900 gramslamb fillet; cut into 3cm cubes|
|1 tbspchilli powder|
|1½ ground cumin|
|3 garlic cloves; peeled and crushed|
|2 onions; roughly chopped|
|2 tbspolive oil; or replace by venegable oil|
|4 tbspyellow curry paste|
|4 red chillies; finely chopped|
|6 large tomatoes; roughly chopped|
|400 mlstock; chicken or vegetables|
|1 Fresh ginger; pealed and chopped|
|10 Whole cloves|
|black pepper; freshly ground|
|200 gramsplain yogurt|
|1 tbspplain flour|
|500 gramsbasmati rice; half portion of rice, half of water|
Lamb curry with rougaille Preparation
1. Heat a large saucepan and add one tablespoon of olive oil and then the lamb. Cook over a high heat until the lamb is golden-brown all over for about 5min, then remove and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the onions, garlic, chillies and ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and softened.
3. Cover the meat with flour and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and curry paste and heat to bring to a simmer. Sprinkle some cumin, chili powder and cloves to taste. You can also add some fresh citronella and part of the coriander from the rougaille if you want.
5. Add the lamb and enough stock to just cover the lamb. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze and release any residue at the bottom of the pan.
6. Heat the mixture until simmering, then cover and cook on a low heat for about one hour, or until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
7. While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice as indicated, half portion of water for a portion of rice, covered. I like my rice with cardamom but it is compeletely up to you.
8. Also, multitask or have a helping hand to prepare the rougaille with the indicated ingredients or replace by your choice of fruits/venegetables and nuts. The more colourful is the rougaille, the more apetizing it is! Cut as thinly as possible. Also, prepare it the latest possible to avoid oxidizing the vegetables.
9. Add the yoghurt, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
10. Serve onto warmed plates with steamed basmati rice alongside and sprinkle with rougaille.
Make the rougaille visually appealing by combining many fruits/vegetables of different colours.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Lamb curry with rougaille. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.