Flawless BBQ Pulled Pork (slow cooker)
Verified by Mary630
|2-5 PoundsBoneless pork; Butt, shoulder, etc|
|1-2 CupsChicken broth; Can use beef or vegi|
|2 TablespoonsChili powder|
|2 TablespoonsOnion; Flakes, or fresh chopped|
|1 TablespoonCayenne pepper; Less if desired|
|1 TablespoonChipotle chile pepper; Less if desired|
|2 TablespoonsSmoked paprika; Regular ok if not smoked available|
|2 TeaspoonsSea salt|
|1-2 CupsBBQ sauce (Bull's Eye)|
|1 TablespoonsChopped fresh garlic; Granulated dry ok, use half as much|
|1 SprinkleShredded cheese (Cheddar jack Sargento)|
|10 IndividualBuns; Use as many as you need|
Flawless BBQ Pulled Pork (slow cooker) Preparation
1. Place broth and all seasonings except BBQ sauce in crock pot.
2. Stir and mix well.
3. Put in pork.
4. If frozen pork add 2 hours. Best to do 6 on low to start for frozen or 4 hours on low.
5. Halfway through cut the pork into 1" thick chunks. Think pork chop. Stir meat well in juice .
6. At the end of the time switch to hot or 1 hour. After which the pork should be in boiling liquid. It will start to separate when pushed down by a fork or spoon. Some spots will seem tougher but that's ok.
7. Take each piece out and using two forks shred. It is tedious but easy. Put all the shredded pork back in.
8. Add the BBQ sauce. The liquid will change from light to a deeper red. Cook for 30 minutes to an hour on low.
9. After the hour the meat will taste great but be very wet. Use a sieve and push into the meat so liquid is in the strainer but meat does not come over the edges. Use a ladle and scoop out clear liquid which is mostly fatty oil. I dispose of mine. Yup may have to do this in a few spots.
10. Turn to keep warm if not ready to eat.
11. When ready to place on buns use the sieve, scoop some meat and stir some liquid out into the crock pot. This will keep your bun from getting mushy.
12. You can either stir more BBQ sauce into the meat, no extra sauce, or spread it on the bun.
13. I put meat on either half of the bun, sprinkle on cheese, and broil until melted then combine the halves,
14. Leftovers, save with juice, strain after microwaving.
*****i add jalapeños to mine before broiling. If you like hotter things. We make our buns too.
*********I've played with many kinds of BBQ sauce. Try to mix it up with pineapple, mango, unique sauces. Also Hawaiian smoked salts add a great kick.
Favorite Bun Recipe:
Play with it. You can always add more time. But keep the juice and deal with straining to have a juicy pork.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Flawless BBQ Pulled Pork (slow cooker). Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.