Italian beef meatloaf with tomato salsa and mashed potatoe
|1 tbsOlive oil|
|2 Garlic cloves; crushed|
|1 smallRed capsicum; finely chopped|
|1 smallBrown onion; finely chopped|
|1 smallCarrot; coarsly grated|
|500 gExtra lean mince|
|1 Egg; lightly beaten|
|1/2 cuppitted olives; coarsly chopped|
|1/2 cupBasil leaves; torn|
|4 smallvine ripened tomatoes; chopped|
|1/2 smallRed onion; finely chopped|
|1 tbsRed wine vinegar|
|400 gPotatoes; chopped|
|250 gSweet potato; chopped|
|2 tbsSkim milk|
Italian beef meatloaf with tomato salsa and mashed potatoe Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees fan forced. line base and sides of a 21cm x 11cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, capsicum and brown onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrot. Cool
3. Place mince, egg, olives, 1/3 cup basil and onion mixture in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to combine. Press mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through. Stand for 5 minutes. Drain excess fat before slicing thickly.
4. Meanwhile, combine tomato, red onion and remaining basil in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and remaining oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss salsa gently to combine. Serve meatloaf with tomato salsa.
5. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes and sweet potato until tender, drain. Mash in a bowl with skim milk until smooth.
Serve with 0 pro points value steamed green beans, zucchini or spinach, plus mashed potato.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Italian beef meatloaf with tomato salsa and mashed potatoe. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.