Sate Babi (BBQ Pork, Indonesian Style)
|3 tablespoontamarind or lemon juice|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|1/4 cuppeanut butter|
|3 tablespoonfish sauce (patis) or soy sauce|
|1 red chili pepper; seeded, chopped|
|3 tablespoonbrown sugar; packed|
|2 lbpork butt; cut 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4"|
|1 medonion; roughly chopped|
|1 teaspoonfresh ginger; chopped|
|2 tablespoonpeanut oil|
Sate Babi (BBQ Pork, Indonesian Style) Preparation
1. Soak bamboo sticks in water.
2. Blend all ingredients, except pork and oil, till smooth. Pour into bowl, stir in oil, add pork and stir untill all pieces are well coated with marinade.
3. Marinate for minimum of 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
4. Thread on skewers, not pushed too close together and leaving few inches on end for holding.
5. Grill till brown on all sides over glowing coals.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Sate Babi (BBQ Pork, Indonesian Style). Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven