Arroz Con Gandules
Arroz Con Gandules Preparation
1. Coat the bottom of the rice pot with olive oil and heat over medium high heat to just before smoking.
2. Add jamon de cocinar and saute until slightly browned.
3. Add onions and saute until almost transluscent.
4. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add Recaito, sofrito and sazon and saute until flavors are blended...This is called a sofrito.
6. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and adobo to taste.
7. Add Gandules and cilatro and stir and bring to a simmer.
8. Add rice and combine
9. Add water until rice is covered by an inch to inch and a half and stir. Taste the water, it should be flavorful.
10. Bring to a boil and cook until water is mostly evaporated and there are holes in the rice.
11. Lower the flame to low and cover tightly
12. Cook for 25 minutes without disturbing.
13. Uncover and stir
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Arroz Con Gandules. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: