Salmon with Peppers
An entree that delivers heart-healthy omega-3s (salmon), antioxidants (peppers), and fiber (veggies and brown rice). Bonus. It's all done in a quick Saute. Original recipe modified for my family
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 2 people 2 people want to try
Salmon with Peppers Preparation
1. Prepare rice as label directs.
2. In 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil on medium 1 minute. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper on salmon. Add to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until opaque throughout, turning once. Transfer to serving plates. Grate peel of whole lime over fish.
3. While salmon cooks, slice peppers very thinly. Finely chop onion.
4. Drain fat from skillet. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet on medium 1 minute. Add peppers, onion, 3 tablespoons water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Uncover, cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and cook until wilted. From lime, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into mixture.
5. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine spinach and pinch salt. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave on High 3 minutes or until wilted. Spoon next to salmon, along with rice and pepper mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
Each Serving About 380 calories, 37 g protein, 33 g carbohydrates, 12 g total fat (2 g saturated), 6 g fiber, 90 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Salmon with Peppers. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven