Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque
Verified by twojocks
Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds, discarding the stringy pulp.
2. Grease a glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil, then place the squash in the dish, cut side down. Pierce all over with a fork and roast 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery and carrot for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more.
4. Scoop the flesh of the squash into the pot and stir. Add 4 cups broth and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
5. While soup is cooking, in a separate bowl, stir in 1 - 2 teaspoons (to desired taste) of the minced chipotle into the crema or sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the remaining 2-3 teaspoons chipotle (to taste) into the bisque
7. Using a hand blender puree the soup, adding more broth to get the desired consistency.
8. Spoon into bowls, top each with a dollop of cream.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Butternut Squash Chipotle Bisque. Be the first to review it!