Stewed Garbanzo Beans with Chorizo
|2 lbsChorizo; cut into bite size pieces|
|3 ozJamon de cocinar or thick cut smoked bacon; cut into bite size pieces|
|1/4 cupOlive oil|
|1 largeOnion; Diced|
|1 tbspRecaito; heaping tablespoon|
|1 tbspSofrito; heaping tablespoon|
|1 canDiced tomatoes; drained|
|16 ozBeef broth|
|2 smallpotatoes; diced|
|1 cupSpanish olives & capers; chopped (less if you aren't a fan)|
|1/2 cuproasted red pepper; diced|
|4 cansGarbanzo Beans; drained|
|1 tspgarlic; minced|
|1/2 small canTomato sauce|
Stewed Garbanzo Beans with Chorizo Preparation
1. In a caldero over medium-high heat, fry the chorizo and jamon in oil about 5 - 8 minutes or so.
2. Add onion and cook until onions are tender and begining to brown.
3. Add the sofrito and recaito, sazon, olives, capers and roasted pepers and cook until favors are combined, about 4 - 5 minutes or so.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 min
5. Add tomato sauce and let simmer for about 2 - 3 min for flavors to combine
4. Add the tomatoes, broth, potatoes, and beans. Bring this to a boil then simmer for 20 - 30 minutes to combine the flavors and thicken.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Stewed Garbanzo Beans with Chorizo. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.