Fish Bake Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 160?C
2. Lay a piece of foil on the worktop and brush with olive oil. Lay the haddock fillets, skin side up, in a single layer and wrap the foil around to make a parcel. Place on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool, remove the foil and peel off the skin. Flake the haddock onto large pieces.
3. Increase the temperature of the oven to 180?C
4. Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks.Boil in salted waterfor about 10 minutes or until just cooked. Drain well.
5. Wilt the spinach, season with salt and pepper and tip into a colinder and push to squeeze out any excess water.
6. To make the sauce, put the cornflower in a pan and whisk in the milk. Heat gradually and whisk in the Creme Freche. Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened, season with salt and pepper and add half the cheese. Stir in the lemon and the cubed potatoes. Mix well.
7. Arrange the spinach evenly across the base of an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the haddock fillets and the chopped eggs and season with a little salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes and sauce and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
8. Bake the dish for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling around edges.
9. Serve piping hot with a green vegetable.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Fish Bake. Be the first to review it!
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven