Ready in 30 minutes
This hearty main dish salad has its origins in the dim, dark past. Many years ago, my husband and I ate at The Virginian restaurant in Charlottesville, Virginia. He ordered a main dish salad called "TJ Salad" (after Thomas Jefferson) and loved it. When we got home, he asked me to try to recreate it and we've been enjoying it ever since. The recipe has changed a lot over the years; most recently, I've replaced the original cold grilled chicken with hot off the grill tuna! And, we've renamed it in honour of the change :-)
Top-ranked recipe named "Tuna Jefferson"
1. Combine marinade ingredients and place tuna in it. Marinate for 15 minutes or so.
2. Place greens in the bottom of a pasta bowl. Add onion, yellow hot pepper, olives and tomatoes. Toss lightly.
3. Arrange artichoke heart and egg pieces around the outside of the salad.
4. Remove tuna from marinade and grill on high for 2 1/2 minutes per side (for rare).
5. Slice tuna in 1/4" slices and arrange in the middle of the salad.
6. Scatter crumbled feta and capers on top of the salad.
7. Garnish with pepperoncini if desired.
8. Serve with KM salad dressing (see link below).