Grain-Free Gingerbread Men (gluten-free, vegan)
Grain-free gingerbread men that are easy to roll out and cut.
From http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com/grain-free-dairy-free-gingerbread-men/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SimplySugarGluten-free+%28Simply+Sugar+%26+Gluten-Free%29&utm_content=Google+Reader"Excellent grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free gingerbread cookies. Dough is easy to handle, the cookies cut and transfer well, and they taste good!" - pdworkman
Yield: 36 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: buckwheat flour
10 people trying soon
Grain-Free Gingerbread Men (gluten-free, vegan) Preparation
1. Whisk together the buckwheat, psyllium husks, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, salt, and nutmeg.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the coconut oil and coconut palm sugar until light.
3. Beat in the egg until combined. Add the blackstrap molasses and mix until combined.
4. Add the flour in one addition and mix until combined.
5. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
7. Use buckwheat flour to flour a piece of waxed paper. Dust the exterior of the dough with a little buckwheat flour.
8. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter dipped in flour to cut out the little people. Re-roll scraps until all of the dough has been used.
9. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes depending on how big your cookies cutter is.
10. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. If desired, decorate by piping on eyes, a smile, and clothes with decorator's frosting.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Grain-Free Gingerbread Men (gluten-free, vegan) Reviews
Excellent grain-free, nut-free, dairy-free gingerbread cookies. Dough is easy to handle, the cookies cut and transfer well, and they taste good!
1 years, 5 months, 7 hours, 36 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.