Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake
Try this Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake recipe, or contribute your own."Even better than I thought it would be! I recommend using at least equal parts zucchini and pasta. My first time I used a bit more pasta than zucchini, and it was still delicious, but I was missing some of the taste of the veg. Much easier to flip the pancake than I thought it would be. Definitely something I will make again. " - msteinfeld
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 35 minutes
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Zucchini
favorite of 2 people 0 people want to try
|3 cupszucchini; shredded|
|8 ouncesAngel Hair; broken into 3 inch pieces|
|1/2 cuplow sodium marinara sauce|
|1.5 ouncesall purpose flour; about 1/3 cup|
|1/3 cupreduced-fat sour cream|
|1/4 cupParmesan cheese; grated|
|2 tablespoonsshallots; minced|
|1 tablespoonfresh basil; chopped|
|1 teaspoonfresh oregano; chopped|
|1/2 teaspoonbaking powder|
|1/2 teaspoonblack pepper|
|2 Eggs; lightly beaten|
|1 garlic cloves|
Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake Preparation
1. Place zucchini in a colander, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally. Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
3. Bring marinara to a simmer in a small saucepan; keep warm.
4. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. COmbine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and the next 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Add zucchini and pasta to bowl; toss well.
5. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini mixture to pan, pressing down. Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom slightly browned. Carefully turn pancake over; cook 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with marinara.
Cal: 401; Fat: 11.2g; Protein: 16.7g; Carb: 65.9g
Serving size: 2 wedges and 2 tablespoons marinara
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven