Ready in 45 minutes
Crisp, crumbly, buttery and nutty. These old-fashioned walnut shortbread cookies are a delightful treat with milk for the holidays.
Top-ranked recipe named "Walnut Shortbread Cookies"
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla, beating until well incorporated.
3. Whisk flour and salt together.
4. Hand chop walnuts to medium-fine texture. (Do not use a food processor.)
5. Add flour mixture and nuts to the butter mixture and mix until crumbly.
6. Finishing mixing with a rubber scrapper in a kneading motion until dough forms.
7. Drop onto baking sheets with a level 2 TBS cookie scoop. Roll drops into balls and then press flat. Using the tines of a fork, make three sets of holes on the tops of the cookies.
8. Bake at 350 for approximately 14 minutes or until the edges are just barely showing color.
9. Let rest on pans for a few minutes until firm, then finish cooling on racks.
Yield: 30 two-inch cookies
The nuts must be hand-chopped in order to maintain the light and crumbly texture. Using a food processor or mechanical chopper releases too much of the oils from the nuts and will make the cookies heavy and dense.
There are no reviews yet for Walnut Shortbread Cookies. Be the first to review it!