Southwestern Sweet Potato Quesadillas
These savory quesadillas have an amazingly intense flavor. Quick and easy to fix too! Serve them with South American Black Bean Soup for Meatless Mondays.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
2 people trying soon
|1 1/2 cuponion; chopped|
|1 tablespoongarlic; minced|
|3 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil|
|3 1/2 cupssweet potato; grated|
|1/2 teaspoonoregano; dried|
|1 teaspoonchili powder|
|2 teaspoonsground cumin|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|1 cupcheddar cheese (extra sharp); grated|
|8 Flour tortillas|
|sour cream (optional)|
Southwestern Sweet Potato Quesadillas Preparation
1. Grate the sweet potatoes.
2. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
3. Add the grated sweet potatoes and spices and cook for 7 minutes, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Spoon filling on one side of tortilla, add 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of filling.
6. Fold the remaining side over and gently press.
7. Cook quesadillas in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
8. Turn on broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes more, watching carefully to prevent burning.
9. Take pan out of oven and flip quesadillas and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes more.
10. Remove when tortillas are slightly brown.
11. Cut into quarters.
12. Serve with salsa or sour cream.
Sweet potato quesadillas are wonderful with South America Black Bean Soup.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Southwestern Sweet Potato Quesadillas . Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.