Cajun Catfish Po� Boy & Cooling Vegetable Salad
You need not head south for the fatty, deep-fried original - try this cleaner take on New Orleans' classic sammie, with grilled fish, lots of veggies, whole-wheat baguette and a light goat cheese spread.
Yield: Ready in 45 minutes
0 people trying soon
|COOLING; VEGETABLE SALAD|
|1 cupcucumbers; peeled and halved|
|10 grape tomatoes; halved|
|1/4 cupcarrots; shredded|
|1/4 cupflat-leaf parsley; minced|
|1/4 cupred onion; diced|
|1/4 teaspoonground black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoongarlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoonextra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoonrice wine vinegar|
|2 3-oz catfish fillets|
|1 teaspoonextra-virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsCajun spices|
|4 ouncesbakery-fresh whole-wheat baguette; sliced into 4 pieces and toasted|
|4 slices red onion|
|4 slices tomato; (each slice 1/4-inch thick)|
|2 Boston lettuce leaves|
|GOAT; CHEESE SPREAD|
|1 ouncegoat cheese|
|3 tablespoonsnonfat Greek-style yogurt|
|1 teaspoonfresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoonsflat-leaf parsley; minced|
|3 tablespoonscarrots; shredded|
|2 tablespoonscucumbers; diced|
|1/2 teaspoonground black pepper|
Cajun Catfish Po� Boy & Cooling Vegetable Salad Preparation
1. Ensure that 2 racks are in middle positions in oven. Preheat oven to 400?F.
2. Prepare Cooling Vegetable Salad: In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, carrot, parsley and onion. Then add pepper, garlic powder, oil and vinegar and stir until vegetables are evenly coated. Place in refrigerator to let flavors meld until ready to serve meal.
3. Prepare Cajun Catfish: Place catfish on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Brush fillets with oil and sprinkle with spices. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until flaky and no longer translucent.
4. Prepare Goat Cheese Spread: In a small bowl, stir together cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, carrot, cucumber and pepper until combined. Set aside.
5. To assemble each sandwich, smear Goat Cheese Spread on 1 side of a baguette slice and set aside. Place a catfish fillet on another slice of baguette. Top fillet with 2 onion slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 lettuce leaf; then top with reserved baguette slice, spread-side-down. Repeat with remaining catfish fillet and accompaniments. Serve with Cooling Vegetable Salad. Keep stored in refrigerator for 2 to 4 days to ensure freshness.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Cajun Catfish Po� Boy & Cooling Vegetable Salad. Be the first to review it!