Meyer Lemon Pasta
A delicious, fresh and savory pasta toss, and a great way to use your Meyer lemons! (Although, any lemons and even limes would also be very good, just use slightly less juice, zest, since the Meyers are sweeter). I made this meal vegetarian friendly by having rotisserie chicken and/or toasted walnuts to top the servings. This has an excellent fresh taste, is not overly "lemony".
Adapted from a recipe found here: http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2010/04/what_to_do_with_meyer_lemons.html
"This was awesome! So simple yet so tasty. I just used regular lemons and added a dollop of yogurt at the end in place of the creme fraiche. Loved it, have added it to my favorites! Thanks. "- Boobs154
64 people want to try | 63 have favorited
|1 cupgrated Parmesan; (or other Italian cheese/blend)|
|2 cupsbaby arugula|
|Zest and juice from 2 meyer lemons; to taste|
|Creme fraiche; to taste|
|linguine; or other preferred pasta|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
|pasta cooking water; just a bit, to prevent sticking|
|1/2 cupred onion|
|3 clovesgarlic; minced|
|rotisserie chicken; shredded (OPTIONAL for topping pasta)|
|chopped walnuts; toasted (or other preferred nut- OPTIONAL for topping pasta)|
Meyer Lemon Pasta Preparation
You can largely ignore the measurements listed -- toss everything at the amounts you think look "right".
zest and juice the lemons
chop the onion
mince the garlic
wash and dry arugula
1. Boil the pasta according to package directions. When you drain the pasta, retain about a cup of the cooking water.
2. Saute the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil (or your preferred oil)
1. In a large bowl, add in the grated cheese and lemon zest, sauted onion/garlic, and arugula.
2. Add the pasta, adding a few tablespoons of cooking water if needed to prevent the pasta sticking together.Add a few tablespoons of lemon juice.
3. Add the creme fraiche and toss gently.
This is great topped with rotisserie chicken and/or toasted nuts (walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts).
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Meyer Lemon Pasta Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven