37 people want to try | 53 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Thai-style steamed fish"
1. Preheat oven to 180C (unless using stove top steamer)
2. Nestle the fish fillets side by side on a large square of foil and scatter the ginger, garlic, chilli and lime zest over them.
3. Drizzle the lime juice on top and then scatter the pieces of pak choi around and on top of the fish. Pour the soy sauce over the pak choi and loosely seal the foil to make a package, making sure you leave space at the top for the steam to circulate as the fish cooks.
4. Place the parcel on a baking try & pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or use a stove top steamer to steam for 15 minutes.
5. Plate up fish and pour remaining juices from the foil on to the fish. Serve with Jasmine rice.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
billmc44 8 months agoI thought this was a great way to fix large white fish! I used corvina. I loved the flavors of garlic, ginger, lime and soy blended with the fish. The fish turned out moist and tender. The bock choi could have steamed a little longer to be really tender, but how do you do that with everything in a foil packet?? Unfortunately, Picky Wife was sensitive to the modest heat provided by the fresh garlic and ginger, so I will not be fixing fish this way again any time soon.
gillmcintosh 2 years agoFresh & light. I would definitely do this again, but I would use slightly less lime juice