Ready in 1 hour
Of course you can use whatever ingredients you have! I have been making one or two tortillas a week for a few weeks, and each one is different. I add leftovers for endless variety and flavor — and of course, frugality.
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: eggs
0 people want to try | 0 have favorited
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat the butter over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet. Add the potatoes. Turning frequently, cook for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper during the flipping. Add the onions and garlic, and continue cooking a few minutes until tender. Add salmon chunks, flipping gently to incorporate without breaking them up too much while they warm up. Turn off the stove.
Separately, whisk the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and dill. Pour over the mixture in the pan. Transfer the pan to the oven for the eggs to cook through and the tortilla set up, about 20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
This is really delicious with chard and feta on the side — or add some steamed greens right into the tortilla!
Oh, I grew up on these! I can tell you how to flip them. There is a 9-step process, or a 1-step process.
1. Take a plate larger than the pan
2. Place it over the top of your pan, face down, like a lid
3. If you are right handed, hold the pan handle with your right hand
4. Place your left hand on top of the (bottom of the) plate, spread flat and wide
5. Flip pan upside down, so that your left hand is now holding the plate and the pan is kind of resting on top like a chafing lid
6. Remove pan
7. Take pan, put it back on stove
8. Slide tortilla from plate back into pan. The raw underneath part hits the pan and the cooked top part will be on top.
9. Finish cooking.
One step process that both my mom and I use:
1. Get husband to do it.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Wardeh's Wild Salmon Tortilla (Spanish Omelet). Be the first to review it!