1 people want to try | 0 have favorited
1. Place chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch with mallet or bottom of heavy skillet.
2. Place 1 t of flour in small bowl (reserve) and place the remaining flour in a shallow dish.
3.Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, and shake off excess.
4. Melt 1 T butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 T oil to pan, swirl to coat.
5. Add chicken to pan; saute 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
6. Heat remaining 1 T oil in pan. Add shallots, sauté 3 minutes, stirring.
7. Add garlic, saute 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Add wine, bring to boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates.
9. Add 1/4 c stock to reserved flour and stir until combined.
10. Add remaining 1/2 stock to pan, bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (5 minutes).
11. Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minutes, stirring frequently.
12. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter, juice and capers.
13. Place 1 chicken great half on each plate, top with about 2 T sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
crunchtimewarp: (fastest version)
Buy pre-sliced (horizontally, not tenders) chicken breasts.
Use jarred pre-chopped garlic (still love my fresh, but in a pinch will do).
Double the recipe for tomorrow's time saver.
Make earlier in the day or the night before and just reheat for dinner.
recipe barely adapted from Cooking Light Jan/Feb '12 and provided by your friends at crunchtimefood.com
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Chicken Piccata (crunchtime). Be the first to review it!