Crepes (thin pancakes)
Crepes (thin pancakes) Preparation
How to make the pancake mix:
1. Mix the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl.
2. Slowly mix in the sifted flour, vanilla sugar and salt to eggs and milk.
3. If possible, let the mix rest for 15 - 30 minutes (this will result in better Crepes, but this is not necessary)
How to cook the pancakes/Crepes:
1. Warm up a flat pan on medium heat (The pan should be approximately 30 cm in diameter).
2. Use a small amount of butter/margarine to lightly cover the pan.
3. Use a ladle to pour some of the mix into the pan so the it just covers the surface (it sould be a thin layer).
4. To know to flip the pancake, look at the surface of the mix and wait until it goes from a shiny liquid to a more dry surface. (make sure that the bottom of the crepe is not to burn and not to uncooked when you flip it.
5. Cook the other side until it is also a light golden brown colour.
Serve warm with your choice of brown sugar, white sugar with lemon juice, jam, maple syrup, ice cream, nutella or any of your favorite toppings.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Crepes (thin pancakes). Be the first to review it!