Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken/Cannellini Beans (kicaza)
An excellent dinner, loved by everyone! Savory cheesy chicken (and a veggie version using cannelini beans)."We made this for dinner last night - both the chicken and the vegetarian version (with white beans) were delicious. We will make again soon!" - kicaza
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
23 people trying soon
|1 cDijon mustard|
|3 tsVegetable oil|
|1 tsLemon juice|
|4 Skinless; boneless chicken|
|2 tbOlive oil|
|3 cMushrooms; sliced|
|8 slicesBacon; cooked|
|1 1/2 cMonterey Jack cheese; shredded|
|1 1/2 cCheddar cheese; shredded|
|2 tsfresh parsley; finely chopped|
|1 canCannelini beans; drained, rinsed (if also making vegetarian dish)|
|few dropsliquid smoke; (if also making vegetarian dish)|
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken/Cannellini Beans (kicaza) Preparation
Use an electric mixer to combine the mustard, honey, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Whip the mixture for about 30 seconds.
1. Divide the marinade into parts (2/3 for marinade, 1/3 to chill and serve as dipping sauce)
- In one bowl - using about 2/3 of the marinade, pour some over the chicken breasts and marinate them, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- In a small casserole dish, stir the beans with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and the remaining marinade.
2. After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375F and heat an ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold all four breasts and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. (If you dont have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer the chicken to a baking dish).
3. Sear the chicken in the pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove pan from heat but keep chicken in the pan (or transfer to baking dish).
4. As the chicken is cooking, saute the mushrooms in butter.
5. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion that the chicken soaked in). Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise on each chicken breast.
- Spoon the sauteed mushrooms onto the bacon, some on each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Monterey Jack evenly on the chicken
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Cheddar on the chicken
6. Sprinkle paprika onto the beans, then top with 1/2 cup Moterey Jack and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
7. Bake both pans for 15-20 minutes
Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Serve with extra honey mustard as dipping sauce.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken/Cannellini Beans (kicaza) Reviews
We made this for dinner last night - both the chicken and the vegetarian version (with white beans) were delicious. We will make again soon!
1 years, 4 months, 2 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes ago