Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
The sweet, sour, spicy, salty and savoury flavours of Thailand are one of my favourite ways to fill a bowl. They’re seductively addictive, always well balanced and one of the world’s great cuisines. They’re also easy! This is a very simple dish to make.
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 9 people 8 people want to try
|2 canscoconut milk|
|1 Tbspcurry paste|
|1 bunchcilantro; rinsed|
|2 chilcken breasts; thinly sliced|
|2 cupschicken broth|
|1 carrot; shredded|
|4 lime leaves|
|2 stalkslemongrass; halved lengthwise,woody leaves removed|
|2 Tbspfish sauce|
|2 limes; zest and juice|
|1 small knobginger; frozen|
|1 handfulbean sprouts|
|8 ouncesrice noodles|
|3 green onions; thinly sliced|
|1 dashsoy sauce|
Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup Preparation
1. Scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of just one of the cans into a large stockpot set over a medium-high heat. Melt the cream, add the curry paste and stir for a few minutes until they begin to sizzle.
2. Add the cilantro roots and chicken and sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the coconut juice from the first can and all the contents of the second can along with the chicken broth, carrot, lime leaves, lemon grass, fish sauce and lime zest and juice. Grate the frozen ginger into the broth with a Microplane grater or standard box grater. Simmer for 20 minutes or so.
4. Stir in the bean sprouts. Add the rice noodles, gently pushing them beneath the surface of the broth. Turn off the heat and let stand until the noodles soften, about 5 minutes. Rice noodles don’t need to simmer like pasta to cook; they simply need to rehydrate in the hot liquid.
5. Stir in most of the cilantro leaves. Remove the lemon grass stalks. Taste and season with a touch more salt (or soy sauce) as needed. Ladle into large bowls and garnish with the green onions and remaining cilantro leaves.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: