Three Cheese Broccoli Corn Bread
|1 cupsmall-curd cottage cheese; (low-fat)|
|1/4 cupbutter; (melted)|
|1 10 oz.package frozen broccoli floretts|
|2 7 oz.packages of buttermilk cornbread mix|
|1` cup (8 oz.)swiss cheese OR pepperjack; (grated)|
|3-4 tablespoonsParmesan cheese grated; (I prefer fresh)|
|3/4 cuponion; (chopped)|
Three Cheese Broccoli Corn Bread Preparation
1. Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat (I use handmixer) together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, butter, and tobasco.
3. Slightly thaw the frozen broccoli in microwave; Chop partially thawed broccoli into small floretts and chop the "pieces". Stir the broccoli, cornbread mix, cheeses, and onion into the egg mixture.
4. Spoon the batter into the greased baking dish, spreading evenly.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: Can use fresh broccol, but partially cook in the microwave before adding to batter.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Three Cheese Broccoli Corn Bread. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven