Mary V's Sweet Potatoes
Great Sweet Potato Casserole. Yield below indicates 8 Recipe states for 6-9 people - which is usually enough for 1 party of approx 18- 20 people in medium size rectangular ovenable dish.
1/2 cup butter = 1 stick, 1/2 stick for potatoes, 1/2 stick for topping
Light Brown Sugar - 2 tablespoons used for potatoes, 1/4 cup used for topping.
Pecans or Walnuts could be used in this recipe. (I use Pecans)
Yield: 20 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
0 people trying soon
|2 40 oz. CansBruce's Yams|
|1/2 cup = 1 stickButter (Smart Balance); Divided|
|1/4 cupLight Brown Sugar|
|2 tablespoonsLight Brown Sugar|
|2/3 cupOrange Juice; No pulp|
|2 teaspoonsCinnamon; Ground|
|1/4 teaspoonNutmeg; Ground|
|1/3 cupFlour; All Purpose|
|1/4 cupOld Fashioned Oats; Uncooked|
|1/3 cupPeans (or Walnuts); Chopped|
Mary V's Sweet Potatoes Preparation
1. Warm potatoes in pot before mashing.
2. Beat on medium speed until smooth and butter is melted: Swt Potatoes, 1/4 cup butter = 1/2 stick, and 1/4 cup of Lt Brown Sugar
3. Beat in: 2 eggs, 2/3 cup orange juice, no pulp, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg.
4. Beat until smooth
1. Combine in bowl with pastry blender until mixture is coarse crumbs: 1/3 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats, 1/4 cup lt brn sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup butter = 1/2 stick -ix
2. Add pecans 1/3 cup to above topping mixture.
1. Sprinkle topping over potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (For crispier topping, broil 5 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown).
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Mary V's Sweet Potatoes . Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.