Peach and Salmon Sushi Rolls
|6 Sheets nori (dry seaweed)|
|2 cupsSushi rice|
|4 tablespoonsRice vinegar|
|2 tablespoonsmirin (a seasoned, rice-based wine; (similar to sake but with a lower alcohol content)|
|200 gramsSmoked salmon; cut into thin strips|
|1 Lebanese cucumber; cut into thin strips|
|2 Large peaches; (or a 400 g tin of peaches, drained) thinly sliced|
|1 tubLow-fat cream cheese|
Peach and Salmon Sushi Rolls Preparation
SIDES (if desired)
1. Rinse rice 3-4 times and drain in a fine strainer. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Bring rice to the boil in a saucepan over high heat with two cups of water. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Use a fork or chopsticks to fluff up the rice. Add rice vinegar and mirin and stir through. Cool before using.
4. Lay a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the centre of a sushi mat or clean tea towel. Wet your hands and place some of the rice on two-thirds of the nori and press down to cover evenly.
5. Dollop some cream cheese, and arrange sliced peaches and smoked salmon on top of the rice. Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
6. Place your fingers over the filling to hold it in place. Using your thumbs, pick up the nori sheet at the end closest to you (you can use the tea towel or mat to guide you).
7. Roll it away from you, pressing in the filling gently as you do so. Continue rolling until the filling is encased in nori, using the mat to help form a firm roll. Unroll the mat. Slice the sushi roll into individual pieces.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Peach and Salmon Sushi Rolls. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.