0 people want to try | 1 have favorited
Rinse beans well
Quick soak beans according to package (or place in large pot and add water 2 inches above beans, bring to a boil, cover and remove fom heat, let soak for 1 hour)
In crockpot: 1. Add all ingredients except lime juice and olive oil to pot and cook until beans reach desired softness (approx.4 hrs)
2. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and add lime juice
On stove top: 1.Heat olive oil in large pot
2. Add miropoix and garlicand saute on med-hi heat until onions appear translucent (5 mins)
3. Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and lime juice and bring too boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins then add cilantro and continue simmering for 15 more mins.
5. Finish with lime juice and enjoy
Adding cilantro and line towards the end preserves flavor and really elevates this amazing soup
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
There are no reviews yet for Auntie E's Spicy Bean Soup. Be the first to review it!
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!