Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole
Try this Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole recipe, or contribute your own."This was a snap to make and it tasted great!! It was a huge hit with the family an I will be making it again. I added milk instead if the half and half and I ended up shredding my chicken. This recipe is def a keeper" - Jtwizz
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 45 minutes
265 people trying soon
|2 cansPillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls|
|1 cancream of chicken soup; undiluted|
|3/4 cupgrated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (or any chee|
|1/2 cup18% table cream (or use whipping cream)|
|4 ouncescream cheese (very soft)|
|4 tablespoonsbutter (very soft but not melted)|
|1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)|
|1/3 cuponion; finely chopped (can use green onions)|
|2 canuse cooked turkey)|
|1/2-3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese|
|1/2 teaspoonseasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or|
|1/2 teaspoonground black pepper (or to taste)|
|2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise or whipping cream|
|1-2 cup grated cheddar cheese (for topping)|
Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole Preparation
1. Set oven to 350°F.
2. Butter a casserole dish (any size to hold crescent rolls).
3. In a saucepan, mix half and half cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired) and undiluted chicken soup (can season with black pepper if desired).
4. Heat just until the cheese melts (do not boil).
5. For the filling --- (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder (if using).
6. Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined.
7. Add in 2 tablespoons whipping cream or mayonnaise; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry).
8. Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste.
9. Unroll the crescent rolls.
10. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end.
11. Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish.
12. Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
13. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you don’t have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desired.
14. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.