Moroccan Orange and Almond Cake
This flour free cake is easy to make and delicious to eat."I made this cake to follow a lamb and date tagine and it was the perefect follow up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and a nice gluten free option too." - SassySW
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 3 hours
favorite of 11 people 11 people want to try
Moroccan Orange and Almond Cake Preparation
1. Boil whole oranges in a little water in a covered saucepan for 2 hours.
2. Remove from the water, cut open and remove any pips.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a large springfrom pan.
4. Beat eggs and caster sugar.
5.Add the oranges, peel and all. Use a stab mixer to blend.
6. Add almond meal and baking powder and mix through.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for one hour.
8. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Moroccan Orange and Almond Cake Reviews
I made this cake to follow a lamb and date tagine and it was the perefect follow up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and a nice gluten free option too.
1 years, 3 months, 6 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven