Ready in 3 hours
This flour free cake is easy to make and delicious to eat.
"I made this cake to follow a lamb and date tagine and it was the perefect follow up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and a nice gluten free option too."- SassySW
45 people want to try | 51 have favorited
1. Boil whole oranges in a little water in a covered saucepan for 2 hours.
2. Remove from the water, cut open and remove any pips.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a large springfrom pan.
4. Beat eggs and caster sugar.
5.Add the oranges, peel and all. Use a stab mixer to blend.
6. Add almond meal and baking powder and mix through.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for one hour.
8. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Julyte 2 months agoThis is a great cake! If you can't find almond meal you can use whole almonds and put them in a food processor and grind finely to make your own almond meal.
Corwin26 2 months agoWhat a great recipe and so perfect for those who need a gluten-free dessert! I haven't seen almond meal around these parts anywhere, can you reccomend a good substitute? TY!
SassySW 3 months ago6 eggs. It looks like I had the eggs in the measurement field. That should be fixed now
Jlobes 3 months agoHow many eggs? They aren't listed in the recipe I can see on my phone. Thanks.
imdequeen 6 months agoGotta try
SassySW 1 year agoI made this cake to follow a lamb and date tagine and it was the perefect follow up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and a nice gluten free option too.