Pasticcio Di Maccheroni
|1 poundsweet italian sausage|
|1 1/2 poundseggplant; cubed|
|1/2 cupolive oil|
|2 tablespoonsdried parsley|
|2 tablespoonsminced onion|
|4 cupsLowfat Milk|
|3/4 cupParmesan cheese grated|
|15 ouncesRicotta Cheese part skim|
|8 ouncesFresh mozzarella cheese|
Pasticcio Di Maccheroni Preparation
1. Pierce sausage here and there with fork, place in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; drain. Slice sausage thinly, set aside.
2. Sprinkle eggplant lightly with salt. In large skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil and fry eggplant until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/4 cup olie oil to skillet as needed. Drain eggplant on paper towels.
3. Turn sausage into skillet and fry until browned, stirring frequently. Drain on paper towels; combine with eggplant. Set aside.
4. Bring 4 quarts water to a rapid boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt and ziti. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain in colander.
5. Make bechamel: in 2 quart saucepan heat butter until melted. Remove from heat, whisk in flour smoothly. Add parsley flakes, onion, nutmeg and pepper. Gradually add milk, whisking a little at a time until smooth before adding more. Once milk is added, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently 1 minute. Cover and keep warm.
6. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
7. Layer half the ziti, meat-eggplant mixture, sauce, Parmesan and ricotta cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with mozzarella.
8. Bake 40-45 minutes until mozzarella is lightly browned and casserole is bubbly throughout.
1 hour prep time. Recipe can be halved. Make ahead: cover and freeze after step 7. When ready to serve, let thaw at room temperature 3-5 hours. Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Pasticcio Di Maccheroni Reviews
My childhood favorite
1 years, 3 months, 1 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.