Crock Pot Chili Chicken
Very easy "dump dinner" recipe."This was amazing!! My husband couldn't stop telling me how great it was. Just ate the leftovers with my mom and she asked for the recipe! Delicious! Thanks for sharing. " - Nitemareinthekitchen
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 7 hours, 30 minutes
119 people trying soon
|3 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless|
|1 packagereduced sodium Taco Seasoning|
|1 1/2 cupschunky salsa; strained|
|1 canchili with no beans|
|1 canKidney beans; rinsed|
|1 cupfrozen corn|
|1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce; chopped (optional- *see note)|
|2 green peppers; sliced|
|1 onion; sliced|
|pepper jack cheese (or cheddar); grated|
Crock Pot Chili Chicken Preparation
1. Dump salsa, chili, beans, corn and chipolte chili into crock pot and stir.
2. Put taco mix and flour in a ziploc bag and shake chicken breast one at a time to coat. Sink into salsa mixture in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
30 minutes before you are ready to serve...
3. Start cooking the rice according to package directions.
4. Take two forks and shred your chicken. (I do it directly in the pot.) Continue cooking on low.
5. Warm a large skillet (medium high heat) with a little oil and add your green peppers. Stir and cook for 5 then add your onions. Sauté to desired texture.
Place rice on plates. Top with chicken and vegetables. Add cheese and sour cream as needed.
*About canned chipotle chilis in adobo sauce- You won't have to throw the rest of the can away. They can be refridgerated or frozen and are great to have on hand for extra flavoring. Don't be scared to try them.
If you don't want to be bothered with the sautéing of the onions and peppers and washing another dish, just add them to the crock pot in the last hour (or more depending on your texture preferences) of cooking. It all depends on who's doing the dishes! : )
Not a morning person? Prep your ingredients- with the exception of the chicken- in ziploc bags the night before so you can dump and run.
Don't forget to use a crock pot liner if you have one!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?