Pan-roasted Cauliflower Preparation
1. Cut the cauliflower up into medium-sized florets.
2. Heat ~2 tablespoons of butter and a glug of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat well with the fats. Add the red pepper flakes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and allow the cauliflower to cook for around 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. (Covering the cauliflower at this stage will help it become tender.)
4. Remove the cover from the pan and turn the heat up slightly to medium-high. Cook the cauliflower, uncovered, until it is well-browned, around 10 minutes. Stir frequently so the cauliflower will brown evenly.
5. Towards the end of cooking, pour ~1/4 cup of meat broth into the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrap up the browned parts (fond) from the bottom of the pan and stir in with the cauliflower. Continue to cook until liquid is evaporated.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning; transfer to a serving dish. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Other great seasonings for cauliflower:
Lemon and pepper
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Pan-roasted Cauliflower. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven