Meaty Pasta Casserole
Verified by gailwhitman
|1 package (16 oz)Penne pasta|
|1 poundGround beef|
|1 poundItalian pork sausage|
|1 3/4 cupsFresh mushrooms; sliced|
|1 mediumOnion; chopped|
|2 cans (14.5 oz)Italian diced tomatoes|
|1 jar (16 oz)Salsa|
|1 package (8 oz)Sliced pepperoni; chopped|
|1 cupSwiss Cheese; shredded and divided|
|4 cupsPart Skim Mozzarella Cheese; shredded and divided|
|1 1/2 cupsParmesan cheese; shredded and divided|
|1 jar (26 oz)Three cheese spaghetti sauce|
|1 jar (26 oz)Italian susage and garlic spaghetti sauce|
Meaty Pasta Casserole Preparation
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the beef, sausage, mushrooms, and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Drain pasta; add to the meat mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, sausage and garlic spaghetti suce, salsa and pepperoni.
3. Divide half of pasta mixture between two greased 13 in. x 9 in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Sperad 3/4 cup of three-cheese spaghetti sauce over each. Top with remaining pasta mixture and three-cheese spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
4. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. FOR FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove 30 minutes prior to baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
***Taken from "Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers" Cookbook, page 27***
The original recipe called for 1 medium green pepper, chopped, but my husband doesn't like them so I didn't include that. You could also add or take away any other goodies that you want (like garlic!)
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Meaty Pasta Casserole. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven