Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
BBQ Pulled Pork, to be served as pulled pork sandwiches"This is my adaptation of a bunch of different recipes for pulled pork, and it's delicious!" - samgrottenberg
Yield: 8 Servings Ready in 6 hours
Cuisine: Main Ingredient: Pork roast
32 people trying soon
|2.5 poundsBoneless pork roast; (EX. butt, shoulder, etc.)|
|1 14-oz bottleSweet & Sticky BBQ sauce; (or favorite BBQ sauce)|
|1/2 Onion; (chopped)|
|1/2 canBrown beans in maple syrup|
|3 clovesGarlic; (minced)|
|1 1/2 tablespoonsWorceshershire sauce|
|1 tablespoonLemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsMustard|
|8-10 Buns; (EX. hamburger, kaiser, crusty, etc.)|
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Preparation
1. Cut pork roast into portions so it will all fit in the crockpot (remove string around roast if needed)
2. Chop onion, mince garlic, and put in crockpot
3. Mix in beans, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and mustard
4. Pour as much BBQ sauce as you can out of the bottle, into the crockpot, and then pour the Coke into the "empty" bottle, screw the lid on, and shake (to get the last remnants of BBQ sauce out of the bottle). Pour this over the mixture in the crockpot.
5. Mix all the ingredients in the crockpot well, and then submerge all the portions of pork in the mixture
6. Cook for 6 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low
7. Remove the pork portions from the crockpot when fully cooked, and shred/pull apart the meat with 2 forks
8. Put shredded meat back in the sauce and stir well
9. Serve as sandwiches on buns, with coleslaw
For a sweet taste, use the whole can of Coke.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.