Honey Ginger Cranberry Orange Snack Mix
This is something I whipped up today with things I had on hand and wanted to use up! It turned out AMAZING and the kids and I can't stop munching on it!! This would be a perfect Christmas treat or a special munchie for really any occasion or just to pack in school lunches!! It is a perfect balance of honey, orange & cranberry highlighted with a subtle ginger flavor!"I submitted this recipe! I thought you could really make this a special treat by drizzling some melted white chocolate over the top too! It would look great in a pretty tin or baggie and given as a gift; or set color the white chocolate to fit the theme of a baby or wedding shower!!" - tripletmama
Yield: 20 Servings Ready in 30 minutes
12 people trying soon
|4 cupsRice chex cereal|
|3 cupsQuaker Oatmeal Squares; (brown sugar flavor)|
|3 cupsHoney Kix|
|1 cupPecans; (or any nut you like)|
|1/4 cupBrown sugar|
|1/4 cupOrange juice from 1 orange|
|Orange zest from the above orange|
|1 teaspoonVanilla extract|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsGround Ginger|
|1 cupDried Cranberries|
Honey Ginger Cranberry Orange Snack Mix Preparation
1) Toss the 3 cereals & nuts together in a large microwaveable mixing bowl and set aside.
2) In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine butter, brown sugar, honey, fresh squeezed orange juice & zest from the orange, vanilla extract, and ginger. Microwave on high for 1 minute, mix & return to microwave for an additional minute or 2 until bubbly and boiling. **Watch carefully it can bubble over quickly!!
3) Once sauce is boiling pour immediately over the cereals and nuts and toss well to coat.
4) Place large bowl in microwave and heat on high for 4 minutes; stopping to mix every minute. Add the cranberries, mix well and return to microwave for 3 more minutes; stopping to mix half way.
5) Pour the piping hot snack mix out on a brown paper bag, waxed paper, or foil and spread out to cool.
6) Once cooled to room temperature, divide up into single portions using baggies or just pour in airtight container and store in pantry. (If there is any left!!)
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Honey Ginger Cranberry Orange Snack Mix Reviews
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.