988 people want to try | 1,064 have favorited
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic. Once combined, stir in the cilantro and green onions. Add the chicken and cheese; mix thoroughly.
(If you decided to prep this in advance, refrigerate the mixture at this point until ready to continue.)
3. Working with a few tortillas at a time, heat them in the microwave between two paper towels until they are soft enough to roll (about 20 – 30 seconds).
4. Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla as tightly as you can.
Place the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
**To freeze: Before baking, flash freeze the taquitos in a single layer on a baking sheet then place in a labeled freezer bag and store up to 3 months. To bake a frozen taquito (no need to thaw first): Preheat oven to 425°F and bake for 20 minutes. (Flash Freeze means freezing the taquitos in a single layer for 15-20 minutes (until hardened) so that when you add them to the freezer bag, they will not all stick together).
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
sbenton1 6 days 21 hours ago
sammie27 4 weeks agoLoved these. Very quick and easy to make! Made them with spanish rice for a great meal.
cherv1 1 month ago
cherv1 3 months agoVery yummy!
Anitar8787 5 months agoI make them all the time and everyone loves them!
Ange325 9 months agoThese were delicious! Ver easy to make and we had them with red sauce.
RoseAnnKing 1 year agoEasy and good, maybe a little to much cream cheese for me.
johnseaberry 1 year agoEasy and tasty. My 2 yr old loved it.
ambrarecipes 1 year ago
jusiswife 1 year ago
mlutker 1 year agoTakes taquitos to a whole new level. This isn't just tortilla's stuffed with chicken and deep fried - as a restaurant would make. This really is the best taquito I have ever had. The combination of ingredients just makes this taste amazing. Baked? Yes - I think it actually works better - no deep fried oils to take over the flavor. Only one thing I would suggest - use non-stick aluminum foil and lay your taquitos a few inches a part in rows then create mini-walls down the opening of each end of the taquito with the aluminum foil. The hotter they get the filling wants to ooze out - the aluminum foil just keeps it in. I also used a rotisserie chicken. I am making this for the second time this week. I did not change/swap any of the ingredients out (I did use garlic powder versus a smashed clove).