Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Preparation
Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pan: 12-cup Bundt pan. Spray with Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy, or butter and flour pan generously.
1. Dry ingredients: Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
2. Cream: Working with a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat at medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each egg goes in. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the bananas.
3. Combine dry & wet: On low speed, add 1/2 the dry ingredients, then all the sour cream, followed by the rest of the flour. Don't worry if the batter curdles.
4. Bundt Pan: Pour into prepared bundt pan. Rap pan on the counter to debubble and smooth the top.
5. Bake: Place pan in the oven (never put a Bundt pan on a tray - air needs to circulate through the hole in the center of the Bundt pan). Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean or with just a few crumbs, about 65 to 75 minutes. Check the cake after about 30 minutes - if it is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with a foil tent. Remove and let cool on rack for 10 minutes before unmolding onto rack. Cool to room temp.
6. Dorie says "If you've got the time, wrap the cooled cake in plastic and allow it to sit on the counter overnight before serving - it's better the next day."
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.